There are presently no open calls for submissions.
W’SUP is the student publication of Western Sydney University. It is published online and (occasionally) also as a print magazine.
- You must be a student or staff member of Western Sydney University.
- We accept written articles, videos, photography and podcasts.
- Feel free to pitch a story idea to us first before going ahead with it.
- Your content should be relevant to Western students.
- Please clearly indicate the tone of your piece, eg: journalistic, op-ed, short story, review, satire/comedy, etc.
- Where relevant, please let us know what sources will you be referring to / who will you be interviewing?
- Include an approximate word length.
- Pitches shouldn’t be more than 200 words (plus a 50 word sample).
- W'SUP editors reserve the right to edit your work or not to publish it.
- Work must be original in nature, not infringe copyright or be in breach of any legislative requirements or ethical considerations.
- All journalistic content is required to abide by the MEAA Journalist Code of Ethics and must be factual.
- All work must meet quality standards. Please ensure your work is of publishable quality. This may include having audible and clear sound, high-resolution images, and having checked your written content for any structural, grammatical and punctuation errors before submitting it.
- If you are interested in producing 360 video or live stream something, please discuss this with us first so we can work out any finer details before we can commit to publishing it.
- We like talking to our contributors directly. Please let us know your phone number as well as your email address, and when we can best contact you.
- W'SUP editors are volunteers, and it may take some time for them to get back to you because of it.
- Any questions? Use Submittable to send us a message with your contact details and we will endeavour to get back in touch with you. Alternatively, message us via Facebook.