W’SUP is the student newspaper of Western Sydney University published monthly during semester. Guidelines for submissions to W’SUP:
- You must be a student or staff member of Western Sydney University.
- Your article should be relevant to Western Students.
- Please clearly indicate the tone of your piece, eg: journalistic, op-ed, short story, review, satire/comedy, etc.
- What sources will you be referring to / who will you be interviewing? (not relevant for everything).
- Include an approximate word length.
- Pitches shouldn’t be more than 200 words (plus a 50 word sample).
- Word limits for poetry: 250 words, equity articles: 250 words, ‘100 Word Wonderings’: 110 words.
- All content is required to abide by the MEAA Journalist Code of Ethics.
W'SUP is accepting general pitches. If we think the pitch has potential we will get back to you and develop the idea with you.